Tags: Blackberry, Facebook, iPhone, Mobile Web
A report compiled by Morgan Stanley (broken down here by Mashable) predicts that mobile web usage will outpace desktop internet usage by 2015. Now is the time to focus sales efforts on this space. Having said, that consider the following stats:
- Video accounts for 69% of mobile data traffic
- Facebook is the single largest repository for user-generated content such as pics, videos, links and comments
- The overlap between mobile users and social web users continues to grow; more and more users are accessing the social web from a mobile device
- Games are bigger than any other app category — both for the social web and for mobile devices
- Online ad sales are growing, but virtual goods, premium content and other models are big business, especially for the mobile web
- The average iPhone user only spends 45% of on-device time making voice calls
What Does This Mean?
This is an important place to be – and you need to be there with your social media strategy fully optimized. There are a number of social network and real-time elements inherent to the sports industry that make the mobile market a wide open opportunity for sales teams.
Now go sell it!
Digital wing man and social media consultant.
- RT @BizNasty2point0: Bob Cole's the best. 46 minutes ago
- RT @ThatEricAlper: 3 of the Worst Marketing Techniques – and What to Do Instead: ow.ly/la3CX 1 hour ago
- RT @njh287: AWESOME video of NHL players mic'd up during playoffs: bit.ly/14BQtjC. Talking smack during plays, the handshake lines.… 1 hour ago
TopicsApps Brand Branding Canucks Capitals CRM Delicious Engagement Entrepreneurs Facebook Foursquare Google Google Plus Leadership Linkedin Maple Leafs Marketing Marshall McLuhan NBA Networking NFL NHL Olympics Personal Brand Positioning Productivity profile ROI RSS Sales sales process Sales Tips Sales Training Selling Social Marketing Social Media Social Networking Sponsorship Sports Sports Marketing Super Bowl Tools Twitter Voicemail YouTube
Lonna on Re-branding a Sports Team: New… http://abogadorepubl… on Re-branding a Sports Team: New… swimsuits on Toronto Raptors Changing to Hu… farrah fawcett sex t… on Foursquare, Instagram and Pint… sa on MLSE Social Media Strateg…