How to Start Listening with Social MediaMarch 25, 2009 at 11:12 am | Posted in Branding, Getting Started, Marketing, Social Media, Twitter | 5 Comments
Tags: Marketing, Social Media, Twitter
What organization wouldn’t be interested to leverage the ability to sell to, listen to, build loyalty with, create with, promote with and participate in conversations about their brand, product or industry?
If you are a doubter, or not sure about dipping that toe in… start by just listening. Listening is one of the most important sales skills – why? Because it’s how you find out what your customer wants. Good sellers are good listeners. This can work on the brand level as well – via social media, you can listen at the brand level.
How To Start Listening With Social Media – 5 Steps
- Get yourself a Twitter ID
- Make it a personal one, something you can play around with (worry about the brand later)
- Learn the basics and the simple jargon
- Start with the FAQs
- This will help you understand what you find
- This will help you listen/search effectively
- Start following a few people or brands
- Like me
- Twitter will recommend some when you sign up…
- Now Search for you, your brand, your industry, your product
- Use the handy search box on the top left
And Step 5…Analyze what you find.
- Who is tweeting?
- What are they saying? Do you like it?
- What can you do with this?
Step 5 isn’t really a step, it’s a choice. What are you going to do with what you heard? There’s a lot more to social media of course, but this is a simple way to start.
5 Comments »
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Digital wing man and social media consultant.
- RT @InsideHoops: Ray Allen missed a free throw. You can date a supermodel. These things happen. 6 hours ago
- Checking #NHL scores, holy Iginla! Great to see for him 6 hours ago
- Teaching Effective Management Skills Workshop to @ICABC (at @FourSeasons Hotel Vancouver w/ 2 others) [pic]: 4sq.com/18iiXRH 17 hours ago
TopicsApps Brand Branding Canucks Capitals CRM Delicious Engagement Entrepreneurs Facebook Foursquare Google Google Plus Leadership Linkedin Maple Leafs Marketing Marshall McLuhan NBA Networking NFL NHL Olympics Personal Brand Positioning Productivity profile ROI RSS Sales sales process Sales Tips Sales Training Selling Social Marketing Social Media Social Networking Sponsorship Sports Sports Marketing Super Bowl Tools Twitter Voicemail YouTube
Maribel on Re-branding a Sports Team: New… Http://Birburim.Com/… on Re-branding a Sports Team: New… Genesis on Re-branding a Sports Team: New… School Girls on Re-branding a Sports Team: New… http://www.elterngel… on Re-branding a Sports Team: New…